These flavorful chicken drumsticks are a great dinner option if you're cooking for a crowd. They are easy to make, super affordable, delicious, and sure to impress. Plus, if you have leftovers you can shred and freeze the chicken to use on top of Vegetarian Refried Bean and Salsa Tacos for another night.
- 8 chicken drumsticks with skin and bone
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp granulated onion or onion powder
- 1/2 tsp crumbled dried rosemary
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper, or more to taste
1. Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Toss the chicken and oil together in a large bowl to coat the chicken. Mix the oregano, garlic salt, granulated onion, rosemary, and cayenne in a small bowl. Sprinkle the oregano mixture over the chicken and toss again to coat it evenly.
3. Arrange the chicken in a single layer in a large baking dish. Bake, turning the chicken once and basting occasionally with the pan juices, until it is golden brown and shows no sign of pink when pierced at the bone with the tip of a small, sharp knife, about 45 minutes. Serve hot.
Reprinted from THE OZ FAMILY KITCHEN Copyright © 2015 by Lisa Oz. Published by Harmony Books, a division of Penguin Random House LLC.
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in Pain Pain Go Away: Do You Have Fibromyalgia?.