This dessert is tasty and low in calories so you can end your night the right way. Pears are high in soluble fiber and low in fat. They’re also great if you are trying to lose weight. So end your day on a high note and indulge in this decadent dessert.
- 2 medium ripe Anjou pears, chopped
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 16 amaretti cookies
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly spray a rimmed baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a small bowl, toss the pear slices, melted butter, vanilla, light brown sugar, and cinnamon until coated. Spread the fruit on the prepared baking sheet and roast until tender and light golden brown, about 25 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, stir the Greek yogurt and honey together until combined. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use. Crush the amaretti cookies and set aside.
4. Remove the roasted fruit from the oven and let cool until just slightly warm or at room temperature.
5. In four small dessert glasses, layer the Greek yogurt, pears, and a few pinches of crushed amaretti cookies until the glasses are full. Garnish with a pinch of amaretti cookies. Serve immediately.