Air popped popcorn is a super healthy snack because it does not use oil. Add in kale too and you've got a superfood, super delicious snack! Enjoy two cups of this popcorn for only 40 calories as a mid-afternoon snack.
- 4 cups air-popped popcorn
- 1 bunch of Tuscan kale (about 18 leaves), leaves only
- crushed red pepper flakes
1. Lay the kale out on a microwave safe plate, lightly spray with olive oil cooking spray and cook on high for one minute. Flip the leaves, then cook on high until the leaves are dried and crisp, about another minute.
2. Toss the kale crisps with the popcorn, salt, and red pepper flakes, and serve in a bowl. Tip: Add some ripped nori paper for a nice flavoe and a good boost of nutrition from the seaweed's high fiber, protein, and vitamin C content.
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in Food Truth: Where Does the Shrimp You Buy Come From? .
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!