- 1 1/2 lbs wild canned salmon
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 shallots or one onion, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Lemon wedges
- Hot sauce
1. Place ingredients into food processor until well combined. Make sure there are no large fish chunks or the mixture is not too fine. The mixture should be right in the middle.
2. Put the mixture into a bowl, and stir in the bread crumbs, and some salt and pepper. Shape into four burgers. (cover and refrigerate the burgers for several hours)*
3. Place the butter or oil in a nonstick skillet, and turn the heat to medium-high. Cook the burgers for 2 to 3 minutes a side, turning once.