Love eating pancakes and French toast for breakfast but watching your carbs? By making a few simple swaps you can still enjoy your favorite comfort foods without sacrificing your health goals. Nutritionist Kellyann Petrucci recommends combining resistant starch and whey protein when making pancakes, which leads to a significant increase in satiety and fat-burning potential.
- 4 eggs
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 scoop protein powder (plain or vanilla)
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup water
1. Combine all the ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend. You can also just use a bowl and a fork to whisk it.
2. Drop by 1/4 cup onto a hot, greased skillet. Cook on each side until lightly brown on each side. Makes about 8-10 pancakes.
3. Blend blueberries with water and honey to create a sauce. Keep blending until it reaches desired thickness.
4. Top your pancakes with a spoonful of blueberry sauce. Drizzle with more honey if desired.
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in The Dr. Oz Stress Challenge.