Cauliflower is an incredibly versatile vegetable - you can steam or blanch it, but by roasting it slowly, you can bring out its sweeter notes. In this recipe, the cauliflower will absorb the oil and soak up the flavors of the main dishes it is paired with, similar to eggplant. Experiment by cooking cauliflower in different ways - it’s just as nutritionally dense and tasty as broccoli!
Recipe from Everyday Chic by Molly Sims.
- 1 head cauliflower, about 1 1/2 lb., cored and cut into florets about 1 inch in diameter
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tbsp kosher salt, to taste
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 400°
2. Arrange the cauliflower florets in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle the olive oil evenly over the florets, then sprinkle with the salt. Toss to coat the cauliflower evenly, then spread the florets out evenly.
3. Roast the cauliflower, stirring 1 or 2 times, until golden brown and crisp-tender, 25 to 35 minutes. Transfer the cauliflower to a warmed serving bowl.
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in The New Collagen Trend Debate.