16 oz fresh salmon, cut into 2 steaks 6 oz fresh (white or green) asparagus, peeled and blanched 6 oz fresh baby fennel, halved, cleaned and blanched 1 large red onion, sliced 2 cloves garlic, chopped 2 tsp ginger, chopped 2 tbsp olive oil 1 medium lemon, juice and zest 1 medium lime, cut into wedges 2 oz dry white wine (optional, can substitute vegetable broth) 1 tsp sesame oil (optional) 2 twigs of dill, chopped 1 tsp red peppercorns (optional) salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 300°F.
2. In an oven pan, arrange the salmon steaks side by side. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Cover pan with foil, and place on the middle tray in the oven for about five to eight minutes.
4. Saute the onions, garlic, ginger, and red peppercorns in olive oil in a pan under medium heat.
5. Add the blanched asparagus and fennel in the pan and let sizzle for two minutes. Deglaze with white wine. Then add the remaining ingredients, except the lime.
6. Pour the asparagus and fennel mixture evenly over the salmon.
7. Return completed salmon dish into the oven for another additional five to eight minutes. Serve with steamed brown rice.
Become an insider
Subscribe to Dr. Oz’s free, daily newsletter and get his exclusive, personal tips for living your best life.