Whip up this delicious fish recipe in less than 30 minutes. This dinner plate is sure to impress any guest, thanks to the white-wine-soaked zucchini and fennel.
- 2 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 3 medium zucchini cut into 3/4-inch dice (about 6 cups)
- 2 fennel bulbs quartered lengthwise, cored, sliced into 1/3 wide strips (about 4 cups)
- 1 sweet onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 tsp salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 1 tbsp dried tarragon
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 4 pieces of wild cod fillets (5 to 6 oz each)
- 1/2 cup fresh dill, reserve some for garnish
1. In a large pan, heat the oil and cook the red pepper flakes, zucchini, fennel, and onion until they start to caramelize (about seven minutes).
2. Stir in the salt, pepper, tarragon, dill, and white wine. Place the cod fillets on top, lower the heat to a simmer, cover the pan and cook gently for 10 minutes.
3. Arrange veggies and fish on four plates, leaving most of the liquid in the pan. Return pan with liquid to burner, turn the heat to high and cook the remaining liquid for a few minutes until reduced by half. Drizzle sauce over fish on plates. Garnish with dill before serving.