If you're looking for new and interesting meals to make while social distancing, try this delicious mixture of greens, chickpeas, and beans. Plus, you can get rid of some of your canned goods in the process.
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp fennel seed
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups frozen spinach, rinsed and drained
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 1 28 oz can whole tomatoes, hand crushed
- 1/2 cup water, vegetable, or chicken stock
1. Heat a large, high-sided skillet or heavy bottom Dutch oven over medium heat. Add olive oil, fennel seed, and red pepper flakes to the pan. Add in the onion and garlic and saute about 3 minutes until translucent.
2. Season with salt and stir in the chickpeas and the spinach. Add in the tomatoes and the water or stock and simmer over low heat for 20-25 minutes.
3. Remove from the heat and serve with crusty bread.