Whether you're looking for a quick and easy dinner or you need some appetizers for your next party, this stuffed bell pepper recipe is great for any occasion.
- 4 medium bell peppers (red, yellow, and green), halved and cleaned
- 8 oz ground beef or turkey (optional)
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 8 ripe plum tomatoes, diced
- 4 tbsp fresh coriander, coarsely chopped
- 1 twig fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 twig fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 1 chili pod, finely minced
- 2 oz water or beef broth
- salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a large pan, under medium heat, sweat the onions and garlic in olive oil.
3. Add the ground beef and stir for five minutes. Deglaze with the broth.
4. Add the tomatoes and let cook for another three minutes while constantly stirring.
5. Then add the remaining ingredients and let simmer for about five minutes. Do not cover.
6. Adjust seasonings.
7. Spoon the mixture into the peppers, and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
8. Sprinkle with coriander leaves and serve on a bed of basmati rice, with a fresh green salad, or simply with a spoonful of Greek yogurt on top.
Serves 4 as dinner, or 8 as a starter.