1 tbsp olive oil 1/2 onion, diced 1 clove garlic, finely chopped 1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes 1/4 cup diced French ham 1 1/2 cups cooked elbow pasta (or any kind of short pasta you may have on hand) 1/2 cup shredded Manchego or cheddar cheese 2 eggs pinch of salt freshly ground black pepper 2 tbsp grated Parmesan 1/2 cup chopped fresh herbs (like parsley, dill or scallions), divided
1. In a 6 or 7-inch non-stick pan, heat the olive oil and cook the onions, garlic, tomatoes, and ham on medium heat until the onions start to soften.
2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the eggs, salt, and pepper with the two cheeses. Add in almost all the herbs and a splash of water. Set aside.
3. Add the pasta to the pan and cook for few minutes. Pour in the egg mixture, lifting the onion and pasta mix a little with a fork to let the eggs slip underneath.
4. Shake the pan back and forth to distribute the eggs evenly. Cover the pan and cook on medium–low until the eggs are fully cooked and a bit puffed up.
5. Sprinkle with the remaining herbs and serve.
Become an insider
Subscribe to Dr. Oz’s free, daily newsletter and get his exclusive, personal tips for living your best life.