If you have a super busy week ahead, whisk up these easy-to-make muffins so you can grab and go all week long. Suzanne Ryan's low carb muffins are a great way to sustain your energy for your long day and maintain a keto-friendly diet.
Recipe and image from Simply Keto: A Practical Approach to Health and Weight Loss by Suzanne Ryan
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 3 slices bacon
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- a few drops of hot sauce (optional)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 6 cups of a standard-size muffin pan with silicone liners or coat with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Boil or steam the broccoli until soft. Cut into small pieces and set aside.
3. Fry the bacon in a skillet over medium heat until crispy. Set aside on a paper towel-lined plate.
4. Crack the eggs into a medium-sized mixing bowl. Add the salt, pepper, and garlic powder and beat. If desired, add a few drops of hot sauce for a kick.
5. Evenly distribute the chopped broccoli among the muffin liners. Top evenly with the bacon, cheese, and egg mixture, in that order. Use a fork to shift the ingredients around so that the egg is evenly distributed.
6. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the egg is cooked.
7. Store leftover muffins in a zip-top plastic bag in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Each serving includes 2 muffins.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!