If you are craving a healthy yet juicy burger, Suzanne Ryan's lettuce wraps are the perfect meal for you. Even though this burger does not have any buns, it is still packed with tons of flavor and healthy fats and remains a safe choice for keto dieters.
Recipe from Simply Keto: A Practical Approach to Health and Weight Loss by Suzanne Ryan
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 4 slices of cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 medium avocado, sliced
- 1 small tomato, cut into 4 slices
- 1/2 small yellow onion, sliced
- 4 butter lettuce leaves, for serving (optional)
1. Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
2. In a bowl, combine ground beef and garlic powder. Season generously with salt and pepper and mix well. Use your hands to form the mixture into four 1/2-inch patties.
3. Grill patties for 3 to 4 minutes on each side for medium-done burgers, flipping once. After flipping the patties, top each patty with a slice of cheese and allow to melt while the other side cooks.
4. In a skillet over medium heat, melt the butter.
5. Place the burgers on a plate and top each burger with a slice of tomato, onion slices, and avocado slices. Season to taste with salt and butter. Eat as is or enjoy wrapped in a butter lettuce leaf.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!