Luckily for keto dieters, you don't have to stop drinking coffee if you're following this eating plan. Suzanne Ryan's coffee recipe is an amazing way to start your day. Her drink is super easy to make and still tastes great without a surplus of sugar.
Recipe and image from Simply Keto: A Practical Approach to Health & Weight Loss by Suzanne Ryan
- 1 1/2 cups brewed coffee, hot
- 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream or 2 tbsp of unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp MCT oil
- 1 or 2 drops of vanilla extract (optional)
- Stevia or other keto-friendly sweetener of choice, to taste (optional)
1. Pour hot coffee into a mug. Add the cream or unsalted butter, MCT oil, vanilla (if using), and sweetener (if using). Stir well. For a frothier drink, use a milk frother. Then serve.