After all of the savory soups you'll eat during this detox, this sweet dessert soup will seem extra tasty.
- 1 lb sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 medium apples, cored and cut into chunks (leave peel on)
- 1 tbsp chopped ginger
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup apple cider
- dried apple chips (optional)
1. Combine all of the ingredients except for the dried apple chips in a large pot and bring to a boil.
2. Reduce the heat, cover the pot and let simmer for about 30 minutes, until the sweet potatoes and apples are soft.
3. Let it cool down a bit and then puree in batches in a blender until smooth.
4. Before serving the soup at your desired temperature, top with a few dried apple chips if desired. Makes 4 cups.
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in Souping: The New Nutrient-Packed Way to Detox.