Viewer Mari Lee is on System 20, and like many people on the plan has struggled with stopping caffeine consumption by 3 p.m. She used the System 20-approved snack list to create this snack to give her an energy boost during a mid-day slump sans coffee. Plus, they're easy to make and delicious!
- 1 (15.5 oz) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup crushed flaxseed crackers
- 2 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut flakes, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup 72% dark chocolate, crushed
- 2 tsp MCT oil
- 1/4 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Using a high speed blender, blend chickpeas to a smooth consistency.
2. Transfer to a medium-sized bowl and add flaxseed crackers, 1/2 cup coconut flakes, walnuts, dark chocolate, and MCT oil and mix well. Set aside.
3. In a small saute pan, add frozen blueberries, a squeeze of lemon juice, and vanilla extract. Let simmer for approx 7 to 8 minutes until it thickens slightly. Cool and add to bowl with the rest of the ingredients.
4. Scoop out spoonfuls roll to form 1 1/2-inch balls. Roll all balls in remaining coconut flakes and place on a large plate lined with parchment paper. This recipe should yield aproximately 20 balls. For best results store in refrigerator for up to a week. Enjoy!
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!