Add zest to your next bowl of popcorn with this punched-up recipe from registered dietitian Tanya Zuckerbrot, of The F-Factor. Tossed with four different spices and a hint of tequila, it's one of the good-for-you and guilt-free snacks you can enjoy on The 28-Day Inflammation-Busting Plan.
1. Preheat the oven to 300°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. Heat 1/2 tablespoon oil in a large pot over medium heat (alternatively you could use a nonstick cooking spray to coat the pot).
3. Once heated, add kernels to the pot and cover. Give the pot a shake to spread kernels in an even layer and allow kernels to begin to pop.
4. While kernels pop, whisk together the remaining tablespoon of olive oil, lime juice, tequila, sweetener, cayenne pepper, cumin powder, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
5. Once the pot is full and the popping sound has slowed to 1-2 seconds between each pop, remove the pot from the heat. Uncover and pour tequila-lime mixture atop, stirring to coat evenly. Once popcorn is well coated, transfer to the prepared baking sheet, spreading evenly in one layer.
6. Bake popcorn in oven for 5 minutes, or until dry, and serve. The recipes makes eight 2-cup servings.
Become an insider
Subscribe to Dr. Oz’s free, daily newsletter and get his exclusive, personal tips for living your best life.