The recipe is a serious nutritious punch. Teff is a versatile ingredient; use it in this bowl together with a range of vegetables and a touch of tahini for a flavorful meal full of nutritional value. The list of benefits are ongoing for this powerhouse grain: it's gluten-free, low in sodium, and helps better manage blood sugar. Give this grain bowl a try for a healthy, protein-heavy, and energy-inducing meal.
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup teff grain
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 medium Hass avocado, sliced
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 1 cup mixed salad greens
1. In a small saucepan set over medium-high heat, bring water to a boil; stir in teff. Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring once or twice, for 10 minutes (there will still be water in the pan). Remove from heat, cover, and let stand for 15 minutes unitl water is absorbed; fluff with a fork and season with fine sea salt to taste.
2. Meanwhile, in a small cup, stir the tahini, lemon juice, and enough water to make a drizzling consistency; season with fine sea salt to taste.
3. Place teff in a small serving bowl. Top with avocado, carrot, roasted pepper, chickpeas, and salad greens.
4. Drizzle with tahini dressing.