The nutritional profile of teff will finally put your fear of carbs to bed. It's 100% gluten-free, packed with protein, fiber, vitamins, and minerals, and its tiny size makes it easily digestible. Like any new food, it can be hard to figure out how to fit teff into your diet but this completely sugar-free pancake recipe from a Dr. Oz Bite Club member is the perfect place to start!
- 2 cups teff flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 tbsp honey
1. Preheat griddle over medium heat.
2. Mix teff flour, baking powder, and sea salt in a large bowl. Add coconut oil, almond milk, vanilla extract, and honey. Mix until all ingredients are combined.
3. Pour 1/8-1/4 cup of batter onto griddle for one pancake.
4. Flip pancakes when bubbles begin to form on top of pancake and bottoms are golden brown.
5. Freeze leftovers for a healthy grab-and-go breakfast.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!