Chef Resha from the blog Carnal Dish recommends using xanthan gum as a thickening agent to make your gravy extra delicious. Give this quick and easy recipe a try to take your Thanksgiving feast to the next level.
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 bouquet garni (3 springs time, 1 sprig rosemary, 2 bay leaves, 4 sprigs sage, 2 sprigs fresh oregano tied with kitchen twine into a bundle)
- 2 cloves roasted garlic (optional)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3/4 tsp xanthan gum
1. Let all of the ingredients simmer (minus the xanthan) over low heat for about 10 minutes with the lid on so it doesn't evaporate.
2. Turn off the heat and let it cool down slightly.
3. Transfer hot liquid to a blender and while the blender is running, sprinkle the xanthan into the mixture to thicken.
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in 99 Thanksgiving Hacks: The Results of Our Frozen Turkey Investigation—How to Cook a Fully Frozen Bird Without Defrosting.