This mug cake recipe is perfect to have in your back pocket for when you're craving something sweet. It makes one serving of delicious cake in the microwave — in just 90 seconds. Plus, the use of almond flour not only makes it gluten-free, but also higher in protein and lower in calories than cakes with traditional flour.
For more of Tia Mowry's mug cake recipes, click here.
- 3 tbsp almond flour
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp Kosher salt
- zest and juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- whipped cream, optional
1. In a 10 oz microwave-safe mug, whisk almond flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
2. Add zest, lemon juice, coconut oil, and egg. Stir until well combined.
3. Microwave for 90 seconds. Remove and let sit for 1 minute. Top with whipped cream, if desired.
**Note: Calorie count does not include whipped cream. Refer to the nutritional label for information.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!