If you're trying to eat healthier these days, Tiffani Thiessen's roasted carrots and parsnips recipe is as healthy as it is packed with flavor. You are bound to enjoy the satisfying crunch of the blistered veggies with the caramelized sweetness from the honey.
Recipe from Pull Up a Chair: Recipes from My Family to Yours by Tiffani Thiessen
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 bunch medium carrots
- 1 bunch medium parsnips, peeled
- pinch kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tsp black sesame seeds
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F. Line a large baking sheet with foil and heat it in the oven for 15 minutes.
2. In a large bowl, combine the olive oil and 1 tablespoon of honey and toss with carrots and parsnips to coat.
3. Sprinkle with 1 1/2 teaspoons salt and 1 teaspoon pepper and toss again.
4. Carefully remove the preheated baking sheet from the oven and spread the carrots and parsnips over it in a single layer.
5. Roast until the vegetables start to blister, 10 minutes.
6. In a separate large bowl, combine the soy sauce and remaining 1 tablespoon honey. Drizzle the mixture over the roasted vegetables and toss to coat. Sprinkle with the chopped parsley and sesame seeds.