Cut up some delicious tomatillos and ripe avocados to make this festive and flavorful dish. Serve alongside black bean burgers for dinner or eat as a quick snack by itself.
- 6 tomatillos, divided
- 2 avocados, pitted, peeled, and diced
- 1 cup torn cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup sliced scallions
- juice of one lemon
- 2 tbsp grapeseed oil
- pinch of salt
- freshly ground black pepper
1. Quarter four of the tomatillos lengthwise, then cut into 1/4-inch slices.
2. Combine the sliced tomatillos, avocado, cilantro and scallions in a medium bowl. Set aside.
3. In a small blender, puree the remaining two tomatillos, lemon juice, oil, salt, and pepper and process until smooth. Pour over the salad and serve.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!