Recipe from The 10-Day Belly Slimdown by Dr. Kellyann Petrucci
- 1 large ripe beefsteak tomato, or 2 medium tomatoes, at room temperature
- Celtic or pink Himalayan salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 8-10 fresh basil leaves, julienne
- 1 tbsp good-quality olive oil
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar, or more to taste
- crushed red pepper (optional)
1. Slice the tomato horizontally into 1/4-inch thick slices. Season with salt and black pepper.
2. Stack the tomato slices, putting basil between each layer. Drizzle with the olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Add a dash of crush red pepper, if desired. Eat by itself or with rotisserie chicken for protein.
**Note: Calorie count does not include chicken.
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in Oz Investigates: What’s Really In Your Fast Food Pizza.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!