4 large zucchini 4 tbsp olive oil garlic salt 1 lb mushrooms 1 yellow onion 5 garlic cloves 2 green bell peppers 1 1/2 lbs ground turkey breast 1 lb spinach 16 oz non-fat cottage cheese 5 egg whites 16 oz tomato sauce 4 tbsp olive oil 4 tbsp grated parmesan 4 tbsp soy cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and preheat a grill or grill pan.
2. Wash zucchini and remove both ends. Cut zucchini into thin, diagonal slices. Brush both sides of the slices lightly with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic salt. Grill the slices for 2-3 minutes per side until grill marks appear and moisture is reduced.
3. Blend the mushrooms, onion, garlic and bell peppers in a food processor until finely chopped and spoon the mixture into a large bowl. Add the turkey, spinach, cottage cheese and egg whites, and stir until well combined.
4. Cover the bottom of a 9" x 13" baking dish with half the zucchini slices. Layer half the mixture on top of slices. Repeat these steps.
5. Pour the tomato sauce evenly over the layered mixture. Sprinkle with grated parmesan or soy cheese. Bake at 250°F degrees for 1 hour.
6. Let cool slightly, slice and serve.
Subscribe to Dr. Oz’s newsletter and never miss the best content.
Get everything you need to live healthy and happy.
Click here to sign up.