8 medium turnips 1 tsp onion powder 1 tsp ground paprika sprinkle of salt 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 1/2 small onion, chopped 1 1/4 cups beef broth 1 medium zucchini (cut into chunks and boiled, drained, and smashed in a colander to get out all the liquid and make a paste) 1/4 tbsp garlic powder 1 tsp paprika pepper, to taste 1 tsp nutritional yeast grass fed cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray a large baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Peel and cut turnips into 2 1/2 x 1/2 inch sticks. Put turnips, onion powder and paprika into a bag and toss until turnips are coated.
3. Place turnips on baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until turnips are tender and golden.
4. To make the gravy: Saute the onion in extra virgin olive oil until soft. While its cooking boil zucchini chunks untill soft. Add the onions, beef broth, smashed zucchini, yeast, and seasoning into a food processor and pulse until is is a gravy-like consistency.
5. Heat the gravy and pour over turnip fries. Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top.
Become an insider
Subscribe to Dr. Oz’s free, daily newsletter and get his exclusive, personal tips for living your best life.