Dr. Oz can't start his morning without the granola from The Dr. Oz Show's chef Ulli Stachl. This great mixture is loaded with healthy nuts, seeds, and dried fruit to spice up your breakfast. Put this mix on top of your morning Greek yogurt to enjoy a breakfast filled with protein and healthy fats.
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups raw cashews
- 2 cups raw walnuts
- 2 cups raw almonds
- 2 cups raw sunflower seeds
- 2 cups raw pumpkin seeds
- 3 cups unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup unrefined coconut oil, plus 2 tsp for oiling the baking sheet
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/3 cup pure orange oil
- 2 cups organic raisins
- 2 cups dried cherries or cranberries
1. Preheat the oven to 300°F.
2. In a very large bowl combine the oats, nuts, seeds and coconut flakes and mix well.
3. In a smaller bowl whisk together the maple syrup, coconut oil, salt and orange oil until well combined then pour over the oat-nut mixture and mix well.
4. Spread granola on a large oiled baking sheet (do it in batches if needed) and bake for 35-40 minutes until golden brown (rotate the baking sheet halfway through for even baking).
5. Remove from oven and let cool completely before mixing with raisins and dried cherries or cranberries.
6. Store in airtight containers in the fridge to maintain extra crispiness.
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in Caught Undercover! The Biggest Lies and Scams Exposed: The Lies You Believe About Your Favorite Greek Yogurt.