Vegan food hacks have been on the rise online, and now your favorite foods are being reimagined! Nothing adds a creamy coolness to a spicy dish like a dollop of sour cream. If you can’t eat dairy products, you don't need to give up this creamy pleasure - you can easily make your own non-dairy sour cream at home, and it’s only three ingredients too!
Recipe courtesy of YMC.
- 1 400 ml can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp salt
1. Stir the vinegar and salt into the coconut milk.
2. Pour into a glass jar; cover with a cloth and secure with an elastic band.
3. Let the jar sit in room temperature for 48 hours.
4. Stir and then store in the refrigerator for up to a week. The mixture will thicken when chilled.