Makes 3 servings (2 mini-quiches each).
- 1 tbsp plus 2 tsp wheat germ
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- Omega-3-enriched eggs
- Omega-3-enriched egg whites
- 2 tbsp fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup nonfat cottage cheese
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp finely chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped cooked broccoli
- 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 6-cup nonstick muffin pan with canola oil cooking spray.
2. Combine wheat germ and flaxseed in small bowl. Add 1 tsp of the mixture to each muffin cup, spreading to evenly coat bottoms.
3. Whisk eggs, egg whites, milk and cottage cheese in a bowl. Add garlic powder, pepper, tarragon and cheddar cheese, and whisk until combined. Stir in broccoli and mushrooms and divide mixture among muffin cups using a 1/4-cup measure.
4. Bake 30 to 35 minutes on middle oven rack or until lightly browned on top and knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool in pan on rack 5 to 10 minutes and loosen edges from pan with a knife. Serve sprinkled with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Tried this recipe? Log in to DoctorOz.com to rate it and find more recipes just for you.
Tried this recipe? Share your rating below!