These hash browns are made with just a few simple, healthy ingredients and they’re cooked to crisp perfection in minutes using your waffle iron. They’re great served with your favorite breakfast meat and some fresh fruit, or even a fried egg and some salsa for a healthy, wholesome savory breakfast.
Recipe courtesy of The Busy Baker.
- 3 medium Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp dried parsley flakes
- 2 pinch sea salt
- pinch black pepper
1. Wash and peel the potatoes and then grate them using your cheese grater. Wrap them in a clean kitchen towel and squeeze out all the water you can.
2. Once you’ve squeezed out as much water as possible, add the grated potatoes to a large bowl along with the egg, garlic powder, parsley, and salt and pepper. Using a fork, stir everything together until it’s combined very well and the egg and spices are evenly distributed.
3. Heat your waffle iron according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Spray your waffle iron with some canola oil spray or brush on a little melted butter. Even if your waffle iron is made of a non-stick material this is still an important step!
4. Add 1/4 cup of the potato mixture to each square of the waffle iron and spread it out evenly over the iron (if you have a waffle iron that makes round waffles use 1/2 cup). Close the lid and hold it down for about one minute. Release the pressure on the lid and let the hash browns continue to cook in the waffle iron for about 3-4 more minutes. Remove and enjoy!
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in We Tried the Most Pinned Food Hacks of All Time and Here’s What Happened.