This homemade ketchup is an easy way to make a lightened-up condiment for any dish. It's simple and fast and goes great with plantain chips.
- 2 (6 oz) can tomato paste, no added sugar or salt
- 1/2 cup organic vinegar
- 2 medium red onions
- 1 shallot
- 8 cups red plum tomatoes, chopped and peeled
- 2 medium organic green peppers
- 2 cups agave nectar
1. Finely chop the tomatoes, red onions, green peppers, and shallots.
2. Combine all ingredients, except the vinegar, into a large sauce pan and bring to a boil.
3. Reduce the heat and simmer until it is thickened. This should take about one hour.
4. Stir in the vinegar and keep the heat on low.
5. Scoop out the mixture and let it cool.
Makes 3 pints.
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in Sorting Through Misinformation on Gluten.