This crunchy treat is a healthy alternative to the regular potato chip. High in starch and low in sugar, these plantain chips will fill you up and keep the calorie count down.
- 2 plantains
- 3 tbsp grapeseed oil
- dash sea salt
- dash onion powder
1. Preheat your oven to 400°F.
2. Score, peel, and thinly slice the plantains on the diagonal into chip size.
3. Spread the plantains on the baking sheet and drizzle grapeseed oil over them and on the sheet so they don't stick.
4. Season with sea salt and onion powder to give them more flavor.
5. About 10 minutes in, flip the plantains. Cook for another five to 10 minutes or until brown and evenly roasted.
6. Drains the plantains on a paper towel and serve.
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in Sorting Through Misinformation on Gluten.