- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 medium onion, diced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 3 medium Poblano/Serrano/Anaheim peppers (de-ripped and diced)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1 lb ground white meat turkey
- 2 (15.5-oz) cans cannellini beans
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 tsp dried oregano
- salt (to taste)
- 1/4 cup nonfat, plain Greek-style yogurt
- 2 tbsp chipped fresh cilantro leaves
- Lime wedges
1. Heat the olive oil in large pot or Dutch oven over moderate heat. Add the onion, celery, Poblano peppers, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are soft, about 8 minutes. Add the garlic, cumin and cayenne and cook, stirring until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
2. Add the ground turkey and cook, breaking up the meat with a spoon, until the meat is no longer pink, about 2 minutes. Add the white beans, broth and oregano.
3. Cook, partially covered, stirring occasionally, for 25 minutes. Add the salt and more cayenne pepper, to taste, and continue cooking partially covered, 10 minutes longer.
4. Ladle into individual bowls and top each serving with 1 tablespoon of yogurt and 1 1/2 teaspoons of cilantro. Garnish with a lime wedge.