During the COVID-19 pandemic people have been stocking up on non-perishables. A versatile canned good you can pick up next time you're at the grocery store is canned pumpkin. Use one can to make this delicious and creamy pasta bake.
For more items to put on your grocery list, click here.
- 3/4 lb whole grain penne
- 1 (15 oz) can coconut milk
- 1 (15 oz) can unsweetened pumpkin puree
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Kosher salt and cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs, toasted
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and season liberally with salt. Cook the pasta 2 minutes under the package instructions. Reserve 2 cups of the pasta water and set aside. Drain the pasta and place the pasta into a mixing bowl and set aside.
3. Place the coconut milk, pumpkin puree, garlic, salt and lots of cracked black pepper into a blender. Blend until smooth, adding some of the pasta water to thin if necessary. The noodles will absorb a lot of the sauce so it should be thin enough to easily pour from the carafe.
4. Pour the pumpkin sauce over the pasta and stir to coat. Place into a baking dish and top with breadcrumbs. Place into the oven for 15 minutes until golden brown and bubbling around the edges.