The Whole30 sausage and mushroom frittata is the perfect meal for all hours of the day: breakfast, lunch, and dinner. This cheesy and gooey dish gains it's woodsy flavor from smoked paprika that has been slow dried over a fire of burning oak, making every bite all the better.
3/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp black pepper
8 ounces ground pork
1 tsp Italian seasoning, crushed
1/4 tsp smooked paprika
1/8 tsp fennel seeds
1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
2 cups sliced white or cremini mushrooms
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 cups roughly chopped arugula
1 cup chopped tomato
1/4 cup sliced green onions
Whole30-compliany hot sauce (optional)
1. Preheat the broiler. In a medium bowl, beat the eggs with 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and the black pepper; set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the pork, Italian seasoning, paprika, fennel seeds, red pepper flakes, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt; mix well.
3. Heat the olive oil in a large oven-safe skillet over medium heat. Add the pork mixture and cook, stirring frequently, until the meat is browned. Add the mushrooms and garlic.
2. Cook, stirring, until the mushrooms are tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in the arugula and cook until wilted, about 1 minute. Pour the egg mixture into the skillet. As the mixture sets, run a spatula around the edge of the skillet, lifting the egg mixture so the uncooked egg flows underneath. Cook until almost set, 2 to 3 minutes more.
3. Place the skillet under the broiler, 4 to 6 inches from the heat, and broil for 1 to 2 minutes, until the top is set.
4. To serve, top the frittata with the tomato and green onions. Cut into quarters and serve hot, directly from the skillet. Pass hot sauce alongside, if desired.
newsletter and never
miss the best content.
Get everything you
need to live healthy
and happy. Click here to sign up.