Potato chips are great but can lead to weight gain, fatigue, and breakouts. Now you can enjoy the same crunch and delcious smoked BBQ flavor of potato chips without all the extra baggage attached. These Whole30 Kale Chips are a simple and healthy snack.
- 1 bunch kale (about 1 lb)
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 300°F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Wash the kale leaves to remove any dirt or sand. Thoroughly dry both sides of each leaf using paper towels. Remove and discard the thick stems from the kale leaves and tear the leaves into bite-size pieces.
3. In a large bowl, combine the kale, oil, and salt. Use your hands to massage the oil and salt into the kale until it's thoroughly coated. Arrange the kale leaves in a single layer on the large baking sheets. Bake for 20 minutes.
4. Stir gently and bake for 5 to 10 minutes more, or until the chips are dry and crisp.
5. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and pepper.
6. When the kale chips are finished baking, immediately sprinkle them with the desired amount of seasoning mixture and toss gently to coat. Let cool completely before serving.
Watch The Video
This recipe was recently featured in Whole30: The Beginner’s Guide to Cooking Clean.