8 oz boneless skinless chicken, cut into small chunks 4 oz potatoes, peeled and diced 4 oz mushrooms, chopped 2 oz carrots, chopped 2 oz bell peppers, chopped 1 large onion, chopped 2 cloves garlic, diced 2 oz fresh tomatoes, chopped 1 tbsp tomato paste 1 oz fresh rosemary 1 oz fresh oregano 1 oz red wine 4 oz vegetable broth 2 tbsp canola oil 1 chili pepper salt and pepper, to taste
1. In a large pot, sauté the chicken in 1 tablespoon of oil for about 3 minutes. Add the potatoes, carrots, mushrooms, rosemary, onions, and garlic. Stir well for another 2 minutes. Remove and set aside.
2. In the same pot, add the remaining oil, tomato paste, and oregano. Under medium heat, stir until a the paste sticks to the bottom of the pot. Add in the fresh tomatoes and stir.
3. Deglaze with red wine and add the bell peppers and chilli. Stir well and bring to a boil.
4. Add the vegetable broth and let it cook for 5 minutes. Then add the remaining ingredients.
5. Adjust seasonings, cover and let simmer for an additional 5 minutes. Ladle a generous amount into a bowl, with toasted garlic bread or brown rice.
Become an insider
Subscribe to Dr. Oz’s free, daily newsletter and get his exclusive, personal tips for living your best life.