This easy, relaxing move takes just a minute or two.
No matter who we are or what we have, we all feel vulnerable at times. You may feel incapable at work, insufficient at home, or simply powerless out in the world. But you don't have to live in those false feelings. In just a minute or two, this easy and relaxing practice can help you reconnect to your true self, rediscover your inner beauty and regain the confidence you need to carry on.
The "Crown Check" is a simple meditative exercise from Nikki Walton, a beloved wellness and empowerment guru and psychotherapist. Now, this practice isn't about checking your hair in the mirror or anything. Nikki wants you to check in with "your invisible power, your invisible crown" to make sure "you're seated on your thrown, always, no matter the situation."
Nikki's "Crown Check" is easy enough to do quietly in the office or on the couch at home.
- Wherever you are, get comfortable.
- Close your eyes.
- Relax every part of your body. Release any tension, big or small, you may feel.
- Recenter yourself and regain alignment. Nikki does this in various ways, like taking conscious breaths while becoming aware of each sound you hear. Or taking conscious breaths while feeling love and gratitude for the things that sustain you.
- Smile, sit up straight and raise your chin a little bit.
- Open your eyes and look out from your new alignment.
For more self-love tips, empowerment practices and outer beauty advice, watch "CurlyNikki TV" on OZtube.