Make 2020 a healthier, happier year.
Dieting is dead; that's my definitive verdict going into the new decade. I want you to forget fad diets that promise quick results and are hard to manage, and instead take your health into your own hands in 2020. That's why I created a new plan called System 20. Through a full-body approach — healthy eating, sleep monitoring, manageable exercise, and mental health check-ins — System 20 is a total lifestyle change that goes beyond weight loss.
There are 20 main components of System 20 that make up the complete lifestyle plan:
- Wake up at the same time every day
- Start your morning with a two-minute meditation and stretch
- Do a fasted cardio routine
- Add MCT Oil to your morning coffee
How to Eat:
- Intermittent fast from 7pm-11am every day
- Skip breakfast; break your fast at 11am
- Beans, greens, and protein at brunch and dinner (½ cup of beans; 1 cup greens, 1 palm protein)
- Add 2 tbs of apple cider vinegar to lunch or dinner
- No added sugars
- Snack on low-carb snacks
- Eat frozen blueberries for dessert
- Take one day off per week
Sleep, Destress, and Connect:
- No caffeine after 3 pm
- Replace one text conversation with a phone call once per week
- Put your phone down 1 hour before bed
- Work up to planking for 1 full minute
- <35-inch waist circumference
- <120/80 blood pressure
- <100 fasting glucose
- <100 LDL cholesterol
- Lower your RealAge by two years
You already know how passionate I am about preventative care — especially when it comes to heart disease, the number one cause of death for men and women in the U.S. This plan is simple if you remember the number 20. I'm sharing 20 things to help you lose 20 pounds and reduce your risk of heart disease, diabetes, and stroke by an average of 20% in the year 2020. I'm so excited about System 20 because of the real changes you can see if you stick with it.
I know you're busy and that your time is valuable. So to make it as easy as possible, I created a few cheat sheets to keep you organized and make the plan feel effortless:
- Weekly checklist
- Shopping list
- Exclusive System 20 recipes
- Go-to snack list
- And more!
If your resolution is to get healthier in 2020 (and whose isn't?), System 20 is a great place to start. Check back on the official System 20 page for updates throughout the year, and make sure to sign up for my newsletter for exclusive System 20 tips and recipes.