1 bag of cauliflower tots 2 tbsp butter 1/2 onion, diced 3 cloves of garlic, sliced 1 tbsp thyme leaves kosher salt, to taste cracked black pepper, to taste 2 tbsp flour 1 1/2 - 2 cups milk 1 cup shredded cheddar 1 cup shredded gruyere 1 large head of cauliflower cut into small florets 1 bunch Tuscan kale, stemmed and torn into pieces
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Cook the cauliflower tots in the oven according to package instructions.
3. Let cool slightly and pulse in the food processor until they resemble breadcrumbs.
4. Set aside and heat a low-sided Dutch oven over medium heat and add in the butter.
5. When melted, add in the onions and garlic and season with salt and pepper.
6. Cook the onions and garlic until translucent, about 6 minutes.
7. Add in the flour and cook for an additional 3 minutes and then add in the thyme.
8. Slowly whisk in the milk and stir until it starts to thicken.
9. Fold in the cheese and stir until melted and smooth.
10. Add in the cauliflower and the kale and adjust the seasoning if needed.
11. Reduce the oven temperature to 350 and top the casserole with the cauliflower tots.
12. Bake until the cauliflower is tender and the casserole is golden brown and bubbling around the sides.
Subscribe to Dr. Oz’s newsletter and never miss the best content.
Get everything you need to live healthy and happy.
Click here to sign up.