6 oz bittersweet chocolate 1 cup unsalted butter 1/2 tsp baking soda 1/2 tsp baking powder 1/2 tsp Kosher salt 1 1/2 cups almond flour 4 large eggs 1 tbsp granulated sugar 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk 1 tsp vanilla extract 1/4 cup boiling water whipped cream, for topping powdered sugar, for dusting
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Place the chocolate and the butter in a microwave safe bowl and heat 30 seconds at a time to melt, stirring often.
3. Combine the the almond flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda and set aside.
4. Place the eggs, sugar, sweetened condensed milk, and vanilla in the blender and blend until combined and frothy, about 2 minutes.
5. Slowly add the (warm, but not hot) melted chocolate and butter while the motor is running. Turn the motor off and add the flour mixture and mix on low speed until just combined. Add the hot water and blend one last time.
6. Place the mixture in a greased 9-inch spring form pan and into the oven. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
7. Let cool and serve with a dusting of powdered sugar and some whipped cream.
Become an insider
Subscribe to Dr. Oz’s free, daily newsletter and get his exclusive, personal tips for living your best life.