1 habanero pepper, sliced 3/4 cup tequila 1/4 cup triple sec 1/2 cup lime juice 1/4 cup lemon juice 1/4 cup orange juice 4 tbsp sugar 1/2 slab baby back ribs salt and pepper, to taste 1 cup favorite barbecue sauce
1. Mix together the habanero pepper, tequila, triple sec, lime juice, lemon juice, orange juice, and sugar until the sugar dissolves. Reserve 2 ounces of margarita brine to use in the sauce later.
2. Place ribs in a plastic bag and marinate in margarita brine for 12-24 hours in the refrigerator.
3. When ready to cook, preheat oven to 325°F.
3. Remove ribs from marinade and pat dry with paper towels. Allow ribs to sit at room temperature for 20 to 30 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, and place onto a baking sheet and into the oven for 45 minutes to an hour. Remove the ribs and set aside.
4. Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium heat. Place the ribs onto the grill and cook on both sides until brown and caramelized, about 10 minutes per side.
5. In a small pot, simmer barbecue sauce and 2 ounces of the spicy margarita sauce. Just as ribs are golden brown on the outside and internal temperature is 175-180°F, brush onto ribs and continue cooking for an additional 5-10 minutes. Remove from grill and rest 5 minutes before slicing.
**Note: Calorie count only reflects the spicy margarita marinated ribs. Check the nutrition label on the barbecue sauce of your choosing for additional calories.