3/4 cup tequila
1/4 cup triple sec
1/2 cup lime juice
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup orange juice
4 tbsp sugar
1/2 slab baby back ribs
salt and pepper, to taste
1 cup favorite barbecue sauce
1. Mix together the habanero pepper, tequila, triple sec, lime juice, lemon juice, orange juice, and sugar until the sugar dissolves. Reserve 2 ounces of margarita brine to use in the sauce later.
2. Place ribs in a plastic bag and marinate in margarita brine for 12-24 hours in the refrigerator.
3. When ready to cook, preheat oven to 325°F.
3. Remove ribs from marinade and pat dry with paper towels. Allow ribs to sit at room temperature for 20 to 30 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, and place onto a baking sheet and into the oven for 45 minutes to an hour. Remove the ribs and set aside.
4. Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium heat. Place the ribs onto the grill and cook on both sides until brown and caramelized, about 10 minutes per side.
5. In a small pot, simmer barbecue sauce and 2 ounces of the spicy margarita sauce. Just as ribs are golden brown on the outside and internal temperature is 175-180°F, brush onto ribs and continue cooking for an additional 5-10 minutes. Remove from grill and rest 5 minutes before slicing.
**Note: Calorie count only reflects the spicy margarita marinated ribs. Check the nutrition label on the barbecue sauce of your choosing for additional calories.
For more Dr. Oz wellness tips, recipes, and exclusive sneak peeks from The Dr. Oz Show, subscribe to the Dr. Oz newsletter.
Become an insider
Subscribe to Dr. Oz’s free, daily newsletter and get his exclusive, personal tips for living your best life.