1 small Brie or Camembert wheel 1 package puff pastry, thawed 1 small jar fig jam 4 sprigs thyme, leaves only 1/2 cup toasted pistachios, crushed Kosher salt and cracked black pepper, to taste 1 egg whisked with 1 tbsp water sliced pears sliced apples figs dried apricots
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment. Cut the top off of the wheel of brie and place in the center of the baking sheet.
3. Warm the fig jam using the stove top or microwave. Lay the puff pastry out onto a cutting board and roll out just to flatten the seams. Cut the puff pastry in half, lengthwise. Repeat with the other puff pastry.
4. Brush pastry with the fig jam and sprinkle with the thyme and pistachios. Season with salt and pepper and then roll each puff pastry into a log. There should be 4 logs total.
5. Loosely coil the puff pastry around the wheel of cheese making sure it is not too tight because the puff pastry spreads as it bakes. Attach the logs to each other by gently pressing together the ends. Brush with the egg mixture and bake in the oven for 30 to 35 minutes.
6. Remove from the oven and let cool for about 5 minutes. Serve with fruit on the side.
**Note: Calorie count does not include the side of fruit.
Become an insider
Subscribe to Dr. Oz’s free, daily newsletter and get his exclusive, personal tips for living your best life.