2 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
2 tsp cinnamon
1 cup light brown sugar (packed)
2 cups toasted pecans (roughly chopped)
2 tbsp flour (for dusting)
1 sheet puff pastry (thawed)
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tbsp (plus 1 tsp) heavy cream
flaky sea salt (to garnish)
1. Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Grease a baking sheet or line with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the butter, 2 teaspoons vanilla, nutmeg, cinnamon,and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add pecans and stir to combine. Set aside.
3. Lightly dust a cutting board with flour. Unroll and lay out the puff pastry. Dust with flour on top.
4. With a rolling pin, roll the puff pastry to 10 inches wide by 15 inches long. Cut in half vertically making two 5x15-inch pieces.
5. Place half of the filling in a long strip along the center of each puff pastry. Fold one of the long edges over the filling.
6. In a small bowl, add the egg and 1 tablespoon of water and whisk to combine. Brush the other long edge with egg wash, fold over the top to cover. It should be in the shape of a log.
7. Repeat with the second piece of puff pastry. Reserve additional egg wash.
8. Carefully place both pecan logs onto the greased baking sheet. Brush openings with egg wash and press together to seal and form a ring.
9. Place in the refrigerator to chill for 30 minutes.
10. Brush the top of the ring with the remaining egg wash. Bake until golden brown, about 20 minutes. Allow the kringle to cool completely.
11. To make the glaze, combine the confectioner’s sugar, heavy cream, and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla. Drizzle over the cooled kringle and then garnish with flaky sea salt.
newsletter and never
miss the best content.
Get everything you
need to live healthy
and happy. Click here to sign up.