Dr. Oz wants you to create a safe zone around your stove. Learn to treat and prevent burns with Dr. Oz's dos and don'ts. To learn more about kitchen safety, visit www.homesafetycouncil.org.
- Do run cold water over the burn for 10 minutes. Do apply aloe vera.
- Don't apply ice. This could cause more trauma.
- Do wash with gentle soap and water.
- Don't apply butter.
- Do call 911. Do apply a cool moist cloth to the burn. Do monitor your pulse.
- Don't use home remedies. Don't remove clothes stuck to burn; this could cause further trauma.