By the time women reach their 20th birthday, they are at risk for developing osteoporosis. Dr. Oz discusses the risk factors and solutions for this crippling disease.
Risk Factors for Osteoporosis:
- Overly thin women - if the circumference of your wrist is less than 6 inches, you could be at risk
- Smokers and drinkers
Solutions for Osteoporosis
- Calcium - you MUST take 1000mg a day with vitamin D or milk
- Kefir - a type of yogurt rich in vitamin K2
- Learn how to fall - Dr. Oz demonstrates in the clip, but you want to roll your shoulder so that you somersault on impact.
- Walk 1/2 hour each day to stimulate bones to keep rebuilding
Animation produced by Visible Productions Inc.